The following Statement of Faith is the official belief and policy of the school:
1. We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired, only infallible Word of God and the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. 2 Tim. 3:15-17; Ps. 19:7,8; 2 Pet. 1:3, 19-21; Matt. 12:1-12.
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. John 1:1-3, 14, 18, John 10:30, 14:9-11, 16, 26, 17:1-3.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His miracles, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Luke 1:34,35; Gal. 4:4a; Heb. 4:15; 1 Pet. 21:22; John 1:1, 14, 10:30; Col. 1:19; 1 Tim. 2:5; Phil. 2:7,8.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. We believe salvation is attained by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, apart from human works or merit. Rom. 8:1-14; John 1:12,13; Titus 3:4-7.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. Tit. 3:4-7; John 1:12,13; 2 Cor. 5:17; Eph. 4:22-24.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. Matt. 13:41-50; 25:41-45; Luke 16:23-28; 2 Thess. 1:9; Rev. 20.
7. We believe that heaven and hell are definite places. Matt. 5:10-45; Matt. 18:9; Matt. 23:33.
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. Eph. 4:3.
9. We believe that marriage has been ordained by God. (Gen. 2:18-25) Providence Christian School recognizes marriage as exclusively the legal union of one man and one woman in which such union is a lifetime commitment. Matt. 19:3-9; Heb. 13:4.
10. We believe that, regarding human sexuality, legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence sexual activities such as, but not limited to, adultery, fornication, incest, homosexuality, pedophilia and bestiality are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible. Further, lascivious behavior, the creation and/or distribution and/or viewing of pornography, and efforts to alter one’s gender are incompatible with the biblical witness. Rom. 1:26,27; Lev. 18:22; 2 Pet. 2:4-10; Jude 6-7; 1 Cor. 6:9,10.
Soli Deo Gloria! Sola Scriptura! Solo Christo! Sola Gratia! Sola Fide!