The Family Service Program is designed to facilitate parental involvement, and allow families to teach and show, by example, God’s servants in action!
PCS’ goal is to equip the hearts and minds of our students to serve—hence training up servant leaders. One of the ways we accomplish this goal is to set an example by ourselves serving as well. All families are encouraged to participate in the Family Service Program. There are various opportunities for you to serve at our school.
Service opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Driver for Field Trips
- Assist with the Hot Lunch Program
- Coordinate or assist with: Grandparent’s & Senior Pal’s Day, Veteran’s Day Assembly; Pastor Appreciation Luncheon, Easter Program; Graduation
- Yearbook Coordinator or assistant
- Assist in classrooms
- School photographer
Additional service opportunities are communicated via the school newsletter, the Aslan Announcer.
Considerations before serving:
- All volunteers must have a Background Check in order to help in the classroom or drive students other than their own on field trips. This is a one-time expense to be paid for by the volunteer.
- All volunteers are asked to dress modestly and maintain a neat appearance; body art/tattoos must be covered and piercings (other than ears) must be removed during the time they’re working in the classroom
- All volunteers must check in at the office, receive their Volunteer Badge, and check out at the end of their day and return their Badge